How to Find the Best Pump Sewage Company Near Me
Finding a sewage pump company that you can rely on is crucial. Keep reading to find our breakdown of finding the best company for you!
Getting To Know The Basics
First things first, it’s important to be clued up on your pump sewage system before looking for the right company. The purpose of having a pump sewage system set up is to remove water and waste build up from underground areas like basements and safely deposit this through the water waste system of a house or building. This may seem like a simple process, however the installation and maintenance of a pump sewage system can be much more complicated.
How does a sewage pump work?
A sewage pump is used to transfer sewage waste from one location to another. They typically work by using a rotating impeller that is powered by an electric motor. While the pump is operating, the pressure generated by the motor allows the water to flow up through the impeller and into a discharge pipe ready for distribution. Sewage pumps, including the commercial and domestic pumps, are placed in the ‘sump basin’ which is cut into the ground, they are able to pump 30-40 gallons of water or waste at a time.
There are a few different kinds of pumps to be aware of:
● Vortex Pumps - Better for high density applications
● Grinder Pumps - Better for smaller bore rising mains with high heads
● Chopper Pumps - Good for high density fibrous materials
● Channel Impeller Pumps - Simple and standard sewage pumps
Choosing the correct pump is another vital part of your installation process.
In residential settings, a sewage pump may be used when your home doesn’t have direct access to the main sewage line. The pump is then used to push any waste from your home up to the main sewer line where it will usually end up in a septic tank. If installed properly and maintained with care, a domestic sewage pump can last around 7 to 10 years.
For commercial sites, sewage pumping stations, also known as pump houses are usually used. These are larger scale pump investments and have the same principles as the domestic pump. They push the sewage up to main lines when gravity is not doing its job.
Benefits of having a sewage pump
There are a range of reasons why a pump sewage system can be the right addition to your home or property. The main concern is water entering and staying within your home, as this is the gateway to an array of problems. Here are some of the benefits of having a sewage pump in place:
● Flooding Damage - When heavy rain causes flooding in an area, water can very quickly become a problem within your home. If you suddenly have 10 inches of water flooding your basement, your belongings and valuables can be at risk of damage. Sewage pumps can help prevent this by doing their job and moving water & waste from inside your building to the sewage systems.
● Mould & Mildew - Any stagnant water in your basement, or pools of water that are collecting, will definitely contribute to the growth of mould and mildew inside. Having a pump is a good way of preventing this.
● Fire - If a flood threatens your home, water damage will affect any appliances that you have downstairs. Water getting to these items may also cause them to short circuit, creating a risk of fire. So, by using a pump, you are minimising the fire hazard.
Choosing a Pump Sewage Company
With many pumping facilities and options, it is important that you choose a pump sewage company that is right for you. Here are a few things to look out for when you are searching for the right pump company:
● Use reviews and testimonials to help you gauge what the company’s quality of work is like. This will give you a good indication of work ethics and their standard of work.
● Look at the range of services being offered. If you notice a wide range of services, especially ones that require a certain level of expertise, this can give a good indication of what the skills set of the company is like.
● Experience & Qualifications. Checking to see if the company has appropriately qualified and experienced employees is a key thing to do. Good credentials will make a company more likely to be reliable.
● Check the area. Be sure to check that the company you want to go with actually covers the area in which you live. If they don’t, this will cause difficulties.
● Contact the company! There is no harm in contacting the company to speak to them directly! In fact, it is probably a wise decision. This way you can discuss all your concerns and get your questions answered while talking to one of the team members. Talking to a staff member might also give you a sense of the company's standard of customer service and their knowledge of their work.
There are also things you will need to consider when it comes to both the maintenance and repairs of your pumps.
Sewage Pump Maintenance
Maintaining your pump is vital, otherwise it will become damaged and the repair costs may be expensive. Regular maintenance is important so that you can catch any issues or problems before they end up becoming more serious over time. Things to bear in mind:
● Double check with the manufacturing guidelines to check how often you should be giving your pump a quick look-over.
● Check the power supply! Your power supply needs to be fully functioning in order for your pump to continue operating safely
● Observation is key - Don’t be afraid to get up close and take a good look at your pump. If you notice anything not looking right or looking unusual then make a note of it or take a photo as reference! If you do spot something that looks unusual, be sure to contact a repair service immediately.
● Make sure your pump starts automatically - this is important. In cases like flooding or where water is entering your building, you want your pump to kick in automatically.
● Annual servicing - In addition to regular maintenance checks on your pump, it is recommended that you have an annual service on your pump for good measure.
Sewage Pump Repair
If you have checked your pump and something seems to still be wrong, you should contact a pump maintenance company to come and look at it. Rather than handling the issue in an unsafe manner, leaving it to the professionals is the safest way to resolve the problem.
Emergencies can occur at any time, so choosing a reliable and dependable company is a wise choice. Many maintenance companies have a 24 hour service which is useful to their clients.
Here at H2O Flowtech, our dependable team is here to help you with any of your drain pump needs. Based in Greater Manchester, we provide a range of sewage treatments and plans that include installation, maintenance & repair services for your water systems. We are approved pump suppliers with years of experience, meaning we are able to provide you with a knowledgeable and efficient service.
All of our treatment plans are installed in line with the British Water Code of Practice for Flows and Loads, to make sure everything is in accordance with building regulations. Our ongoing maintenance support and repair services are on hand to you 24 hours a day. We understand emergencies can occur at any time and we want to ensure that you can get in touch with us at any time of the day.
If you have any further enquiries about the services we provide, or the products we can install, feel free to get in touch with us today. Or, give us a call on 0161 883 1777 and speak to one of our friendly team members who will be happy to help you with your requests.